Friday, February 18, 2011

Christmas Eve, Alaska Style

I can see why some people would move to Alaska even from the warmest area's of the world. When I took these pictures I was very moved by the awesome beauty of the Alaskan mountain range. Where we stayed we were able to see Danali mountain and the begining of the Alusian Island chain. I have always heard of the beauty, the peaceful suroundings mixed with the vivid and harsh enviroment of some of the coldest days I have been in but I was totally amazed. I am not sure of how to describe these pictures so I am going to post them in the time sequence they were taken.  All of these were taken in the afternoon on Christmas Eve, 2010. The series start at 2:19 in the afternoon and goes to 5:59.

2:19 PM

2:27PM

Then we took a ride up the Seward Highway
5:21PM

5:30 PM

5:59PM
Some of the pictures above are what our friend claims to be High Speed Photography. We were doing about 55 miles per hour when I took them. No our friend was driving, LOL, that would be crazy to drive and take pictures like these.


1 comment: